South Plains Project

South Plains Project
'In search of the perfect ale'

Monday, December 7, 2009

Ann & Richard Carlsson's Dinnerparty at TLB



November is always a very busy month for me. I would like to tell you a little of a few dinnerparties I did. The first was a five course menu for Ann & Richard Carlsson. The venue was 'Three Lily Buds', just outside Vellinge in southern Sweden. Take a look at the video I posted on the gadget bar.They started with a Aperitif of Calvados & Cremant. I like to make the first course very special, a dish that really gets their attention and my 'Coquilles St. Jacque Florentine' is one that all my customers consistently rave about. I pair it with a cold, crisp white wine and the combination is heavenly! Also such a fabulous first course really sets the mood for the evening. The soup was 'Potage Agnes Morrell', the leeks & shallots pureed into a creamy velouté, served with a crunchy parmesan crouton and drizzled with a 30 year old Port. Next came a poached filet of monkfish, that I then baste with brown butter & fresh herbs, I make a super fine sweet cream polenta & lightly sauté julienned carrots, parsley root, red beets & cilantro and circle the dish with a rosemary buerre blanc.The root veggies really stand out with purple, orange, white with green specks. Ann Carlsson said it was absolutely the best she had ever tasted! We cleansed the palate with a cactus sorbet then had roasted breast of guinea hen , black truffle risotto, cranberry-pistachio chutney, carrot-celeryroot-saffron mousse with a peregeuex sauce. Dessert was Tocqueville, of course named after Alexis de, best known for his writings of 'Democracy in America' (1835), anyway, this was his favorite, A dark chocolate mousse, spiced shortbread, caramelized apples with a Calvados syrup. Everyone was very happy with the menu, which is of course such a complement to me!


                                                 





1 comment: