South Plains Project

South Plains Project
'In search of the perfect ale'

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

AWC Regional Conference

I recently did appetizers and desserts for the American Womens Club regional meeting. The menu was simple but elegant


Smoked salmon crepes of herbs & fresh cheese

Pork filet, roasted potatoes, feta, cukes, ruccola

Wild mushrooms on puff pastry hearts

Goat cheese, sundried tomato pesto

Gateau Basque ( Cherries & rum in vanilla bean cookie dough)

Auteuil  ( White chocolate-anise mousse, genoise biscuit, raspberries)

Strawberry Napoleon

I got a wonderful comment from Kara Fairchild after the party I'd like to share

Hi Jeff,

I just had to send a note to you about your food at the regional. I have been member o f the AWC of Malmö for about a year, but  didn't get to a club event that you catered. Then, I moved back to Göteborg. So, the regional was actually the first time I tasted your cooking. It's...CRAVABLE. I am a foodie. I am also a vegetarian. The canapes and the desserts (I didn't try the white chocolate cake because I suspected gelatin (could be wrong, of course. Hope not though because it looked to die for and I would hate to think I missed out on it!) were some of the best foods I have ever had in Sweden. Suburb. Someone across the table from me said that the pork canape was the best thing she had even tasted. The smell of meat doesn't do much for me anymore, but even *I*, a seasoned veggie, have to admit that the smell and sight of the pork was making me salivate. Then I took a bite of my own food and the pork was a mere memory! =)  More than anything, and I can not stress this enough, I walked away feeling totally satisfied with the food that I had been served. Anyway, that is all I really wanted to say. You did such a fabulous job on the food!



Kara



No comments:

Post a Comment