South Plains Project

South Plains Project
'In search of the perfect ale'

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Custom Menus

I often design a special menu for my clients, using fresh & local products, seasonal berries or wild mushrooms for example. I like the the idea of using natural, locally grown fresh ingredients to produce my dishes. I try to mostly prepare traditional french-international cooking on available ingredients including abundant seafood. Fresh vegetables, lightly cooked, and fresh fruits, berries, and herbs characterize my cuisine generally. I was influenced less by grand Parisian restaurants that served a predictable menu than by more modest establishments whose chefs visited the markets each day and invented the meal on the spot. La cuisine du marché, market cooking, relies on improvisation and experimentation and puts shopping on an equal footing with technique. While I worked with Dominic Fonseca at the Hotel Ritz, everyday we would look through the cellars of The Ritz kitchen and create a menu with whatever we had. Take a look at other menus I've done in the past.

1 comment: